Friday, November 19, 2010

It's a Thinker...Dave Matthews Band - Funny the Way It Is



Ok, so I don't quite have the same unhealthy obsession with DMB that I do with Dave Grohl or the Foo Fighters, but when listening to my extensive collection of the DMB today it occurred to me that there is not a single song of theirs that I don't like.  And if there is any band where care and attention should be paid to the lyrics, then I think possibly DMB is it.  In my very humble and honest opinion. 

As for my overall taste in music...it really depends on the day and the mood I'm in but, I kind of like it all, so I'm sure more and more of it will begin to appear here.  The only thing I don't do is country (I know I have a few good friends who would like me to try on a little country, and the folks at my office would certainly rather me play that some days than Metallica or Kid Rock or Em or DMB, but unfortunately I just can't do it...It's not for lack of trying.  I'm so sorry to all my friends and colleagues who try tirelessly to expand my appreciation of music to include country.  I promise to keep trying and maybe someday...you just never know.  I'll never say never at least :))

No comments:

Post a Comment