Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Time Out

OK...It's official, I'm maybe more than slightly overwhelmed at the moment, and I hate admitting it!! 

I'm a single mom with 3 jobs, 1 extremely lovable ADHD boy, and a huge list of dreams and expectations for myself.  I expect nothing less than perfection from myself (shocking right?...me, a perfectionist...who knew?!?!), and in the next year I want to; complete a half ironman distance triathlon, learn to ride motocross, ride the entire week of RAGBRAI, complete my ACE personal training certification, hang curtains in my son's room, get 2 more tattoos and maybe buy a new toaster and garbage can for my kitchen (random, yes!).  Over the course of the next couple of years I dream of completing a full IM (MOO baby!!...2012!!...anyone want to "sponsor" me and my $600 entrance fee?? :)), getting a dog and maybe even owning a home again.  I really do want a lot of things in my life, but right now what I want more than anything is just a little extra time. 

Most days I feel like I'm running my fastest half marathon ever, but not getting any closer to the darn finish line.  My house is a huge unorganized mess (and I usually pride myself on organization), I haven't read a book (or even a magazine for that matter) since this summer, and movies...ha, forget about it!  Not since spending time with Mr. Incredible have I taken the time to actually sit and watch a movie, and I haven't turned my TV on in so long I don't even know if it works anymore.  And, please don't even ask me which pile of laundry is clean and which is dirty.  (Don't worry, I know which is which...no dirty clothes are being warn in this house!!!  I promise!  However no clean clothes are actually making their way into my closet or dresser drawers at the moment either *sad face*).

If I had a magic lamp or a genie in a bottle (side note: are these actually the same thing?...does anybody know?) I would wish for just a little more time in my life.  Time to do laundry, to organize and clean my house, time to cook good healthy CLEAN meals (I really miss grilled shrimpy things), and most of all...more time to breathe and appreciate all the good in my life, especially my boy!  Yes, I would most definitely wish for more uninterrupted giggle time with my JP! 

Time is good.  Time is important.  It's a lot like money...the world runs on it, we all want more of it and no one seems to ever have enough of it.  But, have you ever noticed that time is also a 4 letter word???  (Kinda feels like that some days huh??...yep, gotta say, I kinda agree! :))

Full disclosure: I could probably also use a personal assistant, a chef, a cleaning lady, two extra arms, an accountant and maybe a winning lottery ticket (told ya I had big dreams and expectations! :))...but for right now, in this moment, I'd just settle for 2 hours of unscheduled time (that does not interfere with sleeping) and 1 really good hug (preferably from a cute boy :)). 

No comments:

Post a Comment