Saturday, April 16, 2011

Landslide Cover by The Smashing Pumpkins Lyrics



Heard this song today on my way to work yesterday and remembered why I love the Smashing Pumpkins. (What???...I'm a product of the 90's, yeah so?!?!) Great remake in my opinion.

I'm approaching my 36th birthday very quickly, and this had me thinking about getting older, and my fears, and all the changes I've encountered in the past couple years.  And listening to this, I can't help but smile a little. 

Yep, I AM getting older (holy shit...Ima be 36 next week...mid life crisis say what??)...and JP is getting older (I swear my lil man grows 2 inches every week he's not with me...kinda makes a momma sad some days, kinda makes me proud too)...and I have been afraid of changing or losing myself in this process (not so much anymore though, I've realized recently that I'm actually more aware of myself and comfortable with who I am now than ever before)...and I definitely wonder sometimes what is love and if it's out there or not (and if it is out there what the hell am I even supposed to do with it?!?! LOL :)).  Yep, I heard this and it made me smile...because I kinda feel like I've survived the landslide.  *Shrug*...or it's just a really good 90's remake, and music makes me smile.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment