Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Boys Rule...

...Girls Drool!

That's right, I drool for boys.  I'm not ashamed to admit this.  I can absolutely appreciate everything about the opposite sex, and as a single 30-something year old female, I see nothing wrong with it.  The human body in general is beautiful.  Heck, sometimes I prolly even drool for girls (yeah, I've been know to have girl crushes...Jolene VanVugt, what???...seriously, if you haven't already, check her out!!!!...I posted her ESPN vid body shoot in an earlier blog...smokin ripped chic, AH-MA-ZING!!!...I even have her pic on my fridge for inspiration...see, total girl crush!)...I've never acted on them, but all around I have mad respect for the human body.  It's a remarkable thing. 

Part of being single includes dating (scary!).  Aside from Mr. Incredible and my (hot) affair with Mr. Fireman (who I actually ran into today, out and about...yep, son of a bitch, he's still hot...that man will forever be able to look at me and I will melt into putty in his hands...crap!!!!) I've mentioned very little about my dating (aka-flirting) life.  (Side note: I call it flirting, because sometimes you don't need to actually "date"...sometimes its fun as hell to just flirt and build friendships with cool ass guys...it never has to go anywhere, but I've found flirting to be almost more fun than dating...again, just my opinion.)

Up to this point, I've not mentioned my dating life much because; 1) I don't think it's really overly exciting (I could be wrong, but I'm just living my life, chillin and being me...nothing too earth shattering, however there are some really good stories and insane adventures, but I haven't decided if I'm going to share them on here or not...hehe, just thinking about them makes me giggle and smile!!!!...good shit bitches, good freaking shit!!!...ok, I'll work on sharing some of the best ones...RAGBRAI was fun and is definitely worth mentioning  :)), 2) out of  respect for myself and my past and potential dates, some things are better left private, and 3) because my mom reads this blog too.  (However, my mom was also a single mom once too, so I'm pretty sure that nothing about my world is going to be too shocking to her.)

But yes, for the record, I do date (very rarely, and not really much since spending time with Mr. Incredible...what can I say, he was incredible and he set my dating standards pretty high :)) and like to go out and meet people when I can.  I've actually met a lot of great friends through the dating world...and I've tried every form of dating possible.  I've done the Match.com thing, the bar thing, the friends of friends thing, and even the Facebook thing...it's all good.  I've got no complaints.  Except that, I'm sorta suddenly feeling kind of over all of it.  Right now I'm most content just chillin out with my boy and my friends and figuring out who I am.  That's not to say that I wouldn't maybe date if the opportunity came up (I'm a strong believer in Karma, so I'm never going to say no or never to what the universe offers me...and I do miss boy kisses...mmm, mmm, good), I just don't seem to have the same ambition or zest that I did when I first entered the big bad world of dating.  It sort of baffles me and surprises me at the same time. 

Maybe I'm just tired, or maybe I'm getting older...OR MAYBE (just maybe), I'm finally cool with just being me, and maybe I'm selfishly living my life my way, and maybe I'm ok with that.  I've never been in more control of my life than right now, and I've honestly never been more content with my world than right now.  Don't get me wrong, I still have a big ass heart that I would love to share with the right guy, but if he takes his time coming around, then I can be cool with that too...I'm suddenly in no hurry.  I know what I want, and I'm willing to wait to make sure I get it right this time.  In the meantime though, boys will still rule, and I will still drool...and that will prolly never change.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment