Thursday, March 31, 2011

Kid Rock Flying'High



Ok, so I'm back on obsession #2.  (It's Kid Rock and he's HOT!)  I love this one.  Prolly because it's so me...seriously, this is pretty much how I how I choose to live.  I absolutely love my life...everyone in it...and how I roll.  I don't need anything more than I've currently got..."it can't get no sweeter"...I'm good!   

I'm really am such a simple girl.  I truly don't have a lot of needs (tomboy remember?...I'm a jeans and hoodies, no make up, no frills chic) and I honestly don't want any more than I've got right now at this moment.  My world and my heart really are bursting with gratitude and fullness today.  I'm surrounded by the most amazing people, I have my boy, I'm finally feeling healthy again, and tri training season is in full swing...I'm a very lucky girl. 

So, I was actually reminded of this song when I ran into an acquaintance of mine today who I went boating a lot with this summer, and the part about the "a pontoon boat, a bottle of beam, couple of good friends, some cut off jeans, has made us realize...you can't buy cool"...yep, totally reminds me of this summer and makes me smile every time I hear it.  Chillin on Sard's pontoon doin a beer (or BV), boat and float, in my bikini and cut off jeans with some of my best friends...yep, that's all I need. 

Side note: our version of a Beer, Boat and Floats consisted of about 10-15 adults, usually 5-8 kids, 1 pontoon anchored in a lake about 9 feet deep, 1 speed boat tied off on one side of the pontoon, and 1 fishing boat tied off on the other side of the pontoon...it was AWESOME!!!  I've since been told that this is the equivalent of a "white trash yacht club"...ok, then (*shrug*)!  I've said before I have no problems embracing my white trash roots, and if spending time chillin outside on a boat and lake with a bunch of my favorite people, is white trash, then so be it!  :)

Good friends, good times, a lot of fun and a helluva lot of smiles..."the grass don't get much greener...it can't get no sweeter...I got a funny cigarette and a $2 dollar bottle of wine...I'm gonna keep on chillin, refillin that flyin high"...yep, that's me!!!  I really am a lucky girl, and I'm so grateful!!   :)

(Big BIG huge phucking THANK YOU to Sard and Julie and Bryce and Everyone (you know who you are!) for such a fun summer!!!!  You guys were there for me when I needed an escape, and I love you all for it!!!  Thank you a million times over!  AND, a big THANK YOU to my amazing friends in my life who continue to support me and let me chill out and be me (ya, you know who you are too)...you accept me for me, flaws, faults, tomboy tendancies, craziness and all.  I love you too!! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment