Friday, January 14, 2011

My Friends

Friendships have the power to change you.  Some of my friends build me up and help me realize my full potential in positive ways.  Other friends…well, let’s say that they may help influence me in other ways, good, bad or indifferent...it's always an adventure when they're around!  Whatever the case they are all my friends and I love them all dearly.   (Seriously...to all of my friends reading this blog, I love you!  I love each and every one of you for what you bring to my life.  I'm a very openly loving girl.  I love my life and everyone in it.  If you have my phone number then you are my friend, and I love you, it's as simple as that.  If you don't have my number and would like it, just ask.  There's always room in my life for more love and more friends! :))

I recently had a friend come back into my life who had been absent for a while.  And it didn’t take long before I realized that they, in their absence, had changed me in some way.  Not sure if this is good or bad yet, but the change I felt was distinct.  I am definitely stronger because of this friendship, but I'm also a little more aware and cautious with the world because of the lessons learned from this friendship.  Interesting...

More recently, I experienced a very silly (very girlie...I may be a tomboy, but I told you I still have silly girlie moments!) moment of "crisis".  No one died or got hurt, so it probably really wasn't a crisis after all, but in that moment I panicked and reached out to a good friend, who was there for me with open arms (in the middle of the night!).  No judgement, no questions asked, just there with a smile and some kind words...and the offer to help me through whatever I was going through. 

Now, for the record...I hate (HATE!!!!) asking for help with anything!  EVER!!!!  I'm a big capable girl, and I try to handle everything on my own as much as possible.  I don't need anything or anyone else in my life to make me happy (aside from my boy that is :)), however, through these recent experiences I'm learning that sometimes it's perfectly ok to ask for help and that sometimes happiness does come when we are surrounded by amazing friends.  And, OMG it occurs to me that I have the most amazing friends!!!!!!  Seriously, freaking amazing!!!!  Everyone should be so lucky!

It got me to really thinking about my friends and when I take a moment to reflect on this journey I've been on, I am in awe of the power of my friendships and their effects on my life.  Some days I have felt like I've been on this crazy journey all alone, but really, I realize now that have not been.  Not at all.  I've had friends step up and help me every single step of the way.  And the best part is that I didn't even have to ask for their help, they were just there for me...almost like they knew when I needed their help, even if I didn't. 

From my divorce attorney (and Ironman!), to my crazy tailgating Nurse Ironman (and her "hubby"...what the hell else am I supposed to call him, you two have been together for like 20+ years, would ya just get married already?! :)), to my best buddy and Tri coach (Vardo Tri Chic), to all the Vardo's and TDR members who push me and challenge me to reach my full athletic potential (bunch of running/cycling/triathlon crazy ass mofo's...damn I love you guys!), to my hero from the bar FB E, to my wise role model Ali (and her incredible boy T), to my friend with the awesome couch/dog/tv/movies/beer (ya, you know who you are :)), to my Lil Bro who offered me his friendship which turned into a whole family, to all my FB friends and everyone else in between.  My friends have been there for me every single step of this journey, and I want to take this moment to thank them!!!  Really, honestly, truly, from the bottom of my heart...THANK YOU all for your love, support inspiration...and help (even when I didn't know I needed it!).  

That's really it.  I just wanted write post on how cool my friends were...cuz you all are!!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am blessed to have a good friend in you!! Like the song goes..."you got a friend in me!!" Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete