Tuesday, January 4, 2011

No Pain-No Gain

Ok, I read recently a few different places (Runner's World, USAT website, Facebook) that "it doesn't matter what you eat between Thanksgiving and New Years, only what you eat between New Years and Thanksgiving".  (Yay for Christmas cookies!...however, I never did get my hands on any Christmas cookies this year *sad face*.)  I guess I was sort of hoping that this applies to training too, however I'm pretty sure now that it does not.  OUCH!!! 

Since it's after the first of the year, it is officially time for the serious training to begin.  I'm talking SERIOUS training.  Like my friends who are not crazy ass running/triathlete mother phuckers like me, will probably not see much of me now until next November.  Sorry all, I'm not out to ignore anyone and it doesn't mean that I don't care, but between 3 jobs and being a single parent...all my "free" time will be spent in the gym, in the pool, on the bike(s) or pounding the pavement.  I've got some pretty huge (phucking ENORMOUS!) race goals this summer, and I'm going beyond all out this year.  (Can you say half IM?  XTERRA anyone?  RAGBRAI?...oh hellz yes!!!) 

No pain, no gain this year and absolutely NO excuses!!!!  (Ok, I may still have some time for beers and chillin out every now and again...I've never been able to say no to dollar pint night before, so why start now?...and if a cute boy were to actually ask me out, I would probably still consider giving up a night of training to actually go on a date :)). 

Sunday was my first day back in the gym for some serious weights and running in lets say "a while"...and it probably didn't help that I was working out a few personal demons in the process so my intensity was turned up two notches higher than it should have been for my current fitness level (yeah, I attacked the gym like it was the middle of tri season!).  I lifted weights like I hadn't taken 3 weeks off and I ran until I literally puked (I know it's wrong, but I LOVE that feeling...yes, I'm not normal, only when you hang with the friends I do, this is actually completely normal :))!  It was a great workout, only now...ooo, OUCH!  (I'm not kidding...OUCH!! :)) 

If pain is weakness leaving the body then come June I'm going to be one strong woman!!!!  Watch out!  (If you find yourself in my age group and in front of me in a race, consider yourself warned...I am coming after you...I am going to hunt you down and I will pass you!...why else would they sharpie our ages on our calves?, it's so we know who our competition is! LOL. :))  Now however, I'm off to find some ice and Advil!  OUCH, I say!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment