Friday, December 24, 2010

New Year

I was playing on Facebook yesterday (cuz that's what all bored single women do when there's time) and noticed that my friend had posted an interesting quote..."If you have one leg in the past and one in the future, you piss all over today".  True. So very true.  It got me to thinking a little bit about the upcoming year.  After all, this is generally the time when our society tends to reflect upon the previous year and look toward the upcoming one with our list of resolutions.  Blah, blah, blah.

So I sat, and I reflected and I meditated on 2010.  I thought about it (I freaking over analyzed the shit out of it actually) and I thought about the new year (not too much there to over analyze yet, so far 2011 seems pretty quiet :)) and where I potentially want my path to take me.  Not the exact route of course, I'm over that, I don't need details to clutter up the journey, but potentially where I want to be at the end of the year.   (OMG, the end of the year...like a whole 365 days away?!?!  Holy shit!  That's A LONG time from now!  Oh, I'm sure it will go fast, it always does...but I'm not sure I'm qualified to make goals for that far in advance.) 

After thinking about it (in the shower because when I can't get out on the trails that's where I meditate...hey, don't judge me, it's my life and I can mediate where ever I want to), I decided that I really don't have any resolutions to make this year.  Not a single one.  No interest in it what so ever.  I want to remain completely open to the journey of 2011.  Whatever happens, happens...good, bad, or indifferent, I want to approach 2011 with an open mind and an open heart, and I think that making resolutions might get in the way of that experience.

Which brings me back to the quote..."If you have one leg in the past and one in the future, you piss all over today"... hmmm... 

OK...I'm done with the past.  It's the past.  Can't change it.  Wouldn't really want to.  It got me to here, so the past and I...yeah, we're good (better than good actually!).  There's closure there.  I'm at peace with 2010.  Surprised aren't you?!?!  So am I quite honestly.  But, for all the weird, odd and unpredicted things that happened in 2010, overall, it was a phucking blast and I wouldn't change any part of it!  I met some amazing people and had a lot of crazy fun adventures (it's actually stupid how much fun I had!...and what I learned about myself along the way, priceless...absolutely phucking priceless!). 

The future on the other hand...???...eh, who knows.  It's a blank slate that I don't want to jumble with my expectations.  So, it's with an openness for the future in mind that I would like to amend the quote my FB friend shared with us all to maybe add that...If you keep one leg too far in the future, and one firmly planted in the present moment, then you just piss all over your leg...so maybe don't look so far ahead!  Just enjoy being in the present moment and if you have to piss, then find a toilet or squat.  Just something to consider in the new year...

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment