Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Triathlon Withdrawals

Hi, my name is KB and I have a problem...I'm addicted to Triathlons, and right now I'm suffering from some serious withdrawal symptoms.  LOL.  It's absolutely ridiculous (yes, I'm aware), but I can't help it (ADDICTED!!!!).  I'm cranky and fed up with Mother Nature and her winter wonderland we call Iowa.  It's cold and white for as far as the eye can see, and I would give just about anything at this point for a little 80 degree weather and some swim-bike-run fun. 

In lieu of an actual race in the near future, I'm taking matters into my won hands and creating my very own!  (Told ya...withdrawals!  I need a fix and I need it NOW!)  Screw you Mother Nature, you're not going to keep this Triathlete from a much needed adrenaline rush!  Haha!...I win!

The first annual (and officially named...whoot-whoot and a hellz yes!) KB Triathlon will be held on Saturday, January 1st at my local gym...time to be announced, but I'm thinking later in the day for sure (hey I'm a single girl and who knows what kind of tricks I'll have up my sleeve for ringing in the New Year :)).  We will swim a 500 in the pool, bike 15 miles on the stationary bikes, then hit the treadmill for a 5K (or 10K if you're feeling extra spicy!...I think my training plan for that day calls for at least an 8 mile run, so...*shrug*).  

There will be no rules, no registration fees, no prizes, no food, no beer, and no course support...just a whole lot of fun with some other like minded crazy ass mother phuckers, kicking off 2011 in spandex.  (Truly, I absolutely love everyone in Team Vardo and TDR, but there is no way in hell that a single one of us isn't certifiable on some level!  I mean hey, we do this shit for fun and when we can't pay a boat load of cash to participate in a sanctioned event then we start making them up on our own...so NOT sane!!!  I LOVE IT!!!)

 
“Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.” ~Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment